Empty!
Our next trip was to Faro in Portugal. Again, our second time there, but this time we opted for the West side. Destination: Lagos. neither of us new much about the area, but when we got to the airport I went through passport control and the guy asked me where I was going. I answered 'Lagos', to which he just laughed at me and said that all the aussies go there. Little did we know the place would be infested.....with Aussies surfers. Was quite fun to see. Boardies and Thongs everywhere!!! Nice to be home again, ha ha.
We first headed to a little town called Aljezur which is on the West coast, North of Lagos. the town didn.t have to much to offer, but the beach we found blew us away!!! To get there you can to walk down the steep roads on the cliff side, but oh my god what a beach. You felt like you were all by yourself, and the water was amazing. A bit windier and colder than the Mediterranean, but I guess it was nice to see the Atlantic.
The next day we headed to the south wast of portugal, and found a few more beaches. Each nicer than the one before.
On the final day it was the East of Lagos, beach after beach we explored the area. Even checking out the housing developments, which might I add were great!!! Seems to be booming.
Here are just a few photos, I will add the rest onto facebook.
Keep in mind, England was wet and cloudy whilst we were in 30+ degress. Totally worth it!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment