So one week to go of training, haven't looked at many places (only one to be exact, by some sleazy guy - ewww), and I start thinking to myself it might be time to get myself into gear. So in trying to keep in contact with friends outside the course, I went back to the hostel. Spoke to Isel (who owns it), and she had two girls who were staying who had jobs with Ryan Air, and were looking for somewhere. So they gave me the number of a guy whos house they had seen and said was good. So that day I called, we went to look at the place, and got it!!! Me and two other girls (one aussie, one pom), and it is all of 5 minutes walk to where I can get the free bus to the airport. We move in on Friday, so thats all exciting.
Other updates, had a fun night last night - I have been dying for a roast, with vegies, gravy etc etc. So as you can only get it in pubs on Sundays here, off we all went. We invited a group of pilots with us, who we met a day earlier (some only that night), so it was nice to have a lot of people. Even a female pilot (poor thing, she was the only girl in the course, and she rocked!!!). So yeah, stayed there for a while, and went back to the hotel. Got to see some cool footage they had taken during their initial training in smaller planes. One clip (an official publication) was of a plane landing in equador - the airport is in the middle of the city. Very cool to see.
So now I have just finished my three days of first aid. Had to watch a video of how to give birth - which confirmed for me that it will be the most painful thing (and most disgusting thing) ever to happen. People then thought it would be appropriate to share that in some cultures they eat the placenta - HOW GROSS!!!! ewwww.........was a bit stand offish with lunch, but had to eat something. Thank god thats going.
Well thats about it for now. Hope you are all well.
Lots of love,
Maya
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so that's why you were feeling sick yesterday :P
they say giving birth is the most beautiful moment in a woman's life, you suck!
as for the placenta eating thing, i had to look it up to see if it was true, and pulled this quote from wikipedia
Human placenta tastes very similar to beef, with a springy texture similar to the heart. A variety of recipes are known to exist for preparing placenta for eating
enjoy :D
I'm hungry.... and now I feel like roast.....
Post a Comment