What a day....
Of course I had no luck recovering from jet-lag immediately, so 5am comes along, and guess who's wide awake....Not happy Jan! Kind woke up the other guy in the room, thinking his flight was early - in fact it was at 10am - oops! Oh well he fell back asleep.
So today I decided to waste no time - mobile phone number and bank account - done! What a hassle. So much more expensive for mobiles here - I don't know how I'm going to cope. Although I do have 300 free text messages if I by my credit on the same day of every month (how weird????)
So after that was done, I opted for a train ride into Piccadilly Circus (Monopoly stop #2). Since then I have walked pretty much non-stop. A few of the sites I can recall - Leister Square, Whitehall, Northumberland, Pall Mall, Euston Rd, Trafalgar Square, Oxford St(enough of the addictive boardgame), Westminster, London Eye, Buckingham palace, Hyde Park and the list goes on....
I even walked into my first walkabout pub - disappointed however that they are not going to be showing the swans game as the stupid rugby is on - oh well - internet cafe for me.
Anyway I must be off - going to catch up with an old friend from Thailand tonight (YAY I have a friend here).
byeeeee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment