Monday, October 23, 2006

wowee it has been a while


Ok I know it has been a while, so here is my chance to catch you all up with me life. Since mummy has been here, we have been busy! Everyday trying to find something new, and do something different. So a few highlights including, Eltham (we were intending to go to the Palace, but instead we found some gardens, walked through, and stayed on the bus to check out the area), Greenwich, Alexandra Palace, Hampton Court (picture right), Muswell Hill and Wilmslow (a little village next to Manchester to see family. Have had a lot of fun I must say.

Hampton Court was amazing - palace of Henry IIIV, and King William. The grounds were amazing - they even had a maze (although it only took 3 minutes to crack), but we managed to stay for the whole day. We then wondered off to the park accross the road, in which we stumbled on some deers - noisy ones might I add.

Then Muswell Hill was a little little area (each suburb is like a little village), here we happened to stumble on Alexandra Palace, which was created as 'the peoples palace', however was left deserted after it was damaged after it caught fire. They have now established a portion of it as the BBC headquaters and an ice-skating rink. The remainder is used as an exhibition centre and hired out for functions. Lovelly view of the city from the top of the hill. As you can see from my mum (left), was a bit of a cold day.

So after these little outings in London, we decided to head to Luton on our way to Manchester. For those of you who know Luton, you can imagine how exciting it is to visit. The highlight for my mum was the great 'ASDA' supermarket.

Anyway next day we were off to Wilmslow, through Derby and Crewe. Had a nice train trip, and was greeted by one of my mums cousin. After meeting family, half of which I had NEVER met, the other half who I hadn't seen for up to 10 years, we were already on our way home. Only a quick trip, however nice to finally catch up. A lot of questions asked about my 'single' status, however I assured them that I am happy......

So now I am getting ready for my trip to Israel on Wednesday. A week of catching up with family, staying in the Kibbutz, travelling to the few towns surrounding, and indulging on FALAFEL (definately one of the biggest highlights of the trip).

So I shall be off - do have internet access so will try and keep you posted as much as possible.

Love to all xx

No comments: