Tov (ok), tonight we went to have Sabbath dinner with the whole kibbutz, at the chader-o-chel, which was great food! Vegetable soup for entree, marinated roast chicken with rice for main, along with salad, and desert then at home - fruit, fruit, and more fruit. Along with afternoon activies, the evening consisted of meeting a lot of other people, and catching up on where life has brought me. I think I have an idea - write on a business card all the answers to all the questions, and to every new person I meet, hand it out - would save a lot of hassle.....although I must say it is fun! One persom which we stumbled on was a classmate of my uncle, I dont think I have met her before but I was introduced to her as Koky - which is my mums nickname. It came from her teacher in kindi who explain that "Kotec" in Polish is kitten, and as my mum has green eyes she called her Koky cause it was cute
. Anyway everyone in Israel knows her as that - the name Rachel is a secret. So I say my name is Maya, and she said that her daughters name is also Maya (spelt the same way might I add), so above is a photo of Maya & Maya, Koky & Koky.My mums best friend from school, Tammi and her daughter Shira came to visit us, which was lovelly. Tami's brother works with the cows, so after dinner he took us for a walk to see how the cows live....haha
They were so cute - he showed me the system which they are fed on, which was quite interesting, as it monitors the drinking habits of each individual calf, and cleanses the nozzle after each one as well - quite smart. I fell in love with this little baby calf - only a week old!!! It was quite friendly. I saw one which was only one day old - and let me tell you it WASNT small......quite scary really - but also quite cute when it struggled to stand.
So after returned home, and now in bed. So until tomorrow......laylatov xx

No comments:
Post a Comment