
So here I am, after 7 years of not returning I find myself back in Israel, and most importantly on my mums Kibbutz. After waking up at 4:30am, and the painful flight (oh my god I feel sorry for any staff who fly into Israel), I thought the worst was over, however a few little 'oohs' and 'aahhs' from the backstreet drivers made for an interesting trip. And only an hour or so later I was back in Geva.
We drove through Afula, the town where my mum was born, as it is only about a ten minute drive from the kibbutz. There I saw my favourite shops - my falafel joint.......oh it is soooooo good, and the chocolate shop - 'Elite' (Israeli chocolate).
Coming back to Geva really felt like home. By the way, before I go on, Geva is the kibbutz in photo. the row of trees from the water in the bottom of the picture is the road leading up to Geva. The trees are all Gum Trees, which is a nice reminder of dear Aussie Land. Then my Grandmother lives to the left of the road when you get to the Kibbutz - she overlooks the fields from her balcony.
So we caught up on old times, on my lack of Hebrew which I am really noticing now, and her broken English. Anyway had a lovelly Israeli dinner, and then went for a walk around. Although it was at night, so nice to see everything again.
Anyway I am off to bed, tomorrow we are going up North to the sea of Galilee, and surrounding areas. Areas around here, is towards the border, so should be interesting.
Ok shall update tomorrow
xx

1 comment:
the kibbutz looks so different to what i expected, and how you described it to me previously. i was expecting large permanent tents in the desert, but that looks really amazing...
i hope you've been eating felafel and chocolate for two...on my behalf of course! :)
hope you're having fun you lucky thing...
Post a Comment