Monday, December 11, 2006

and now I'm good to go

Ok as requested - a more detailed explanation......the 12 hour day consisted of checking in to work, having a meeting, getting tested on questions, checking all the safety equipment on board etc etc, seating passengers, flight to Faro, Portugal, then back to luton, then to aberdeen back to Luton again, where we then go for a final meeting to discuss the day. So by the end it all racks up time!!

Day two was on Sunday, which was my check flight - so someone following me around, making sure that I do everything correctly. Anyway after only two and a half hours sleep, I had to get up at 4:30am!!!! Not fun......but it was a great day - Amsterdam and Geneva today, quick flights, nice people, and it all went rather quickly which was great for me. Managed to answer all questions correctly so now I am ready to fly solo baby!!! Next flight on Friday to Warsaw....yay!!! Its fun, although i can see it getting pretty boring - oh well......staff travel :D

So getting home last night, I put myself to bed at 6:30pm after falling asleep in front of the tv, and stayed asleep until 9:30am!!! Felt quite refreshed really.

Now in London - took my brother to dinner to celebrate his birthday which was on Saturday, and had Vietnamese food - was great!!!! Had Soda Chan (Nam manow - lime soda) which was the best!!!! Missed it.

Last week we had some Pilots visiting - some we met on training - Patrick and Dennis - Dutch guys, based out in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Was nice to catch up with them - Patrick and my room mate Emily have agreed to get married so Pat can work and live in Australia - so this weekend they got engaged - ha ha, we managed to find the perfect engagement ring - the famous Durex ring - the proposal was not on one knee, as we were shoved in the corner, but the thought was there - Em tried it on straight away!!!!!

anyway I'm off to watch America's Next Top Model - its in Thailand at the moment - nice to see it again - I want to be back there!!!! :'(

No comments: