Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Athens.....

We finally arrived last night - couldnt see much BUT we were both on the edge of our seats the bus ride to the hotel trying to find....I dunno really, whatever we could!

On our way to the hotel, keeping in mind we didnt have a proper map AND I am travelling with a person who has crap sense of direction, we didnt make too many mistakes : ) One guy saw us struggling and gave us a hand to find it, then off him we scored his business card for a restaurant that we later ate at, and gave us a free plate of fruit (good fruit too!!!)

Our hotel is nothing really to write home about, a little Greek man let us in, and with his broken English explained that there was a roof upstairs. After dinner we came back and went upstairs and wow what a good view. Have taken photos, so dont panic, but it looks at the hill with the akropolis on top....I was blown away. Hotel is also in a good location, close to restaurants and main city area, so quite safe to walk around etc. Last night we found the cutest restaurants!!! They are all tucked away, with candles and greenery everywhere, each place tops the last, and I can just picture wedding after wedding there.

Anyway today....today we got up with an alarm (just!!!), but decided to get up and at it. So off we went, with the little map inside Sam's 'Inside Europe' book....Looked around the Akrolopis, the city, markets, gardens, and then headed for a long walk to the Sea. After a few death stares from Sam going into the 3rd hour of walking, I thought I should offer him the tram option. So we hopped on that which took us to the port where the cruise ships depart from. I have never seen that many cruise ships EVER!!!! Was amazing to see. Although there weren't many people there I could just imagine summer time - oh my god - that place would be a mad house!!! Started to get a bit cold there, so we left.

Before I go on, have I discussed the weather?? Oh my god, it was sunny!!! I saw clear blue sky!!!! I was in a singlet top!!!!! AND NOT COLD : ) How happy was I???? One complaint, not quite hot enough for a tan....oh well....the fact I saw the sun, and got to wear sunnies again thrilled me.

Tomorrow we are planning a driving trip to Delphi, for more sight-seeing. After that, if time permits, head down south, along the coast line, Sam has it planned (I hope).

Anyway I shall be off for now, dinner calls, I'm thinking more Greek food : )

Love to u all, update u soon xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sam has crap sense of direction?

you sure it wasn't you...? :P

hope you're having fun guys